- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, halved and seeded
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced genoa salami
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced ham
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced roast turkey
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 10-to-12-inch round loaf Italian bread
- 8 hoagie rolls, cut into pieces, for dipping
- Chop the onion, lettuce and tomato into bite-size pieces. Dice the meats and cheese.
- Combine the chopped vegetables, meats and cheese in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, oregano, basil and stir until everything is all mixed up.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Carve out the center of the bread loaf to make a bowl (don't cut through the bottom) and cut the scraps into bite-size pieces. Serve the hoagie dip in the bread bowl, with the extra bread and hoagie rolls to scoop it up.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe