|Fried Chicken Rollups||
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded store-bought rotisserie chicken meat
- Salt and pepper
- 1½ cups shredded monterey jack cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 12 small corn tortillas
- Heat large skillet with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until heated through.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheese. Wipe out the skillet.
- Warm the tortillas over low heat to soften, about 10 seconds on each side.
- Spoon chicken mixture down the center of each and roll up the tortillas.
- In the large skillet, heat the remaining 2/3 cup oil over medium-high heat.
- In batches, add the chicken rollups seam side down turning once, until golden, about 2 minutes; drain on paper towels.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe