There is a thin line between bar and tailgating food and this week we were more on the side of bar food, but we cooked it on the grill so in essence it is tailgating food. You see what I did there? Anyway, if you didn't notice, around Pigskin Gourmet we love bacon wrapped around pretty much anything. While this might not be a main dish for your tailgate, it is a quick flavorful appetizer that will go with a lot of other dishes.
Also, if you don't want to fire up the grill but still want your potatoes wrapped in bacon goodness, check out the recipe that inspired us to make these. Appetizer Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
- 1 pound small or medium red potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces-to-1 pound thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Chop them into 1-inch pieces.
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cook until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork. You don't want them to be fully cooked.
- Drain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl. Add the rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Prepare the grill for cooking over direct medium heat.
- Wrap the potatoes in bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place bacon wrapped potatoes on the grill until the bacon is cooked through and crisp. Turn occasionally.
- Mix sour cream with hot-sauce in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe
Adapted from: The Kitchn